Recovery Programs in Arlington 817-533-2441
Recovery programs are available through inpatient and outpatient drug and alcohol rehab centers and are designed to help people with a drug or alcohol addiction recover and enjoy lifelong sobriety. Recovery programs in Arlington are available through both private drug rehab facilities and government-funded centers. Specialized programs may be geared toward a particular gender, sexual orientation, or religion.
Find options for reputable recovery programs in Arlington when you call Alcohol treatment Centers Arlington at 817-533-2441.
Addiction Treatment Therapies
After medical detox, addiction treatment therapies are used to treat the complex psychological aspects of the addiction, including any co-occurring mental illnesses or secondary addictions. A wide variety of treatment therapies ensure a holistic approach to treating drug and alcohol addiction and address issues of the mind, body, and spirit. Four primary models of therapy are used in drug rehab programs.
- Cognitive and behavioral therapies teach patients to evaluate their thoughts and behaviors, identify those that are self-destructive, and replace them with healthy thought and behavior patterns.
- Family therapy addresses dysfunction within families to improve the home environment. Families learn effective and healthy communication skills and address various issues that could contribute to a relapse.
- Motivational interviewing leads patients to identify their intrinsic reasons for wanting to recover, and it's particularly valuable for those who are not in treatment voluntarily.
- Motivational incentives offer patients tangible rewards, such as vouchers or cash, for meeting personal recovery goals, abstaining from drug use, and participating in recovery meetings.
Types of Treatment Therapies
A holistic approach draws on both traditional and alternative treatment therapies to address the wide range of issues behind the abuse that led to the addiction.
- Smart Recovery is a community-based recovery program that's a popular alternative to 12-Step programs. Smart Recovery focuses on four points: motivation, lifestyle, coping skills, and managing thoughts and behaviors
- 12-Step programs offer peer support and sponsorship and provide a venue for those in various stages of recovery to give and receive support. Participants share experiences and resources and provide a certain level of accountability for sobriety.
- Biofeedback helps patients lower stress on the spot by teaching techniques like deep breathing and progressive relaxation to reduce muscle tension, blood pressure, body temperature, and other involuntary responses to stress.
- Yoga promotes mental and physical balance and flexibility helps reduce stress and cravings and improves self-awareness of mind and body.
- Moral reconation therapy helps patients with hedonistic reasoning skills find a purpose in life, increase self-esteem, and enjoy a higher level of moral reasoning.
The Principles of Effective Treatment
Quality recovery programs adhere to the Principles of Effective Treatment, which are 13 research-based statements that should guide all drug and alcohol treatment programs. These include the acknowledgments that:
- Addiction is a disease that's highly complex and affects thought and behavior. However, addiction is treatable through detox and therapy.
- Not every treatment therapy will benefit every patient.
- Treatment therapies should be administered in both group and individual settings, which are the most common and effective types of treatment.
- Detox only takes care of the physical addiction. The underlying psychological aspects of addiction are far more complex and require intensive therapy for the best chances of long-term recovery.
- Individual treatment plans require ongoing evaluation to ensure they address new and changing needs.
- Co-occurring mental illnesses are common in people who have a drug or alcohol addiction and require separate, but integrated, treatment.
- Treatment doesn't need to be voluntary in order to be effective.